Even though summer is only half over, it’s not too soon to start thinking about Nature Visions Photo Expo 2013. Here are five things you need to know right now.
1. Save the Dates! They are Friday-Sunday November 8-10, 2013. The place, as before, is the Hylton Center for the Performing Arts in Manassas, Virginia.
2. Noted photographer and author Bryan Peterson is coming. Bryan is giving a Friday full-day seminar, Learning to See Creatively, on November 8. Bryan gives the Saturday Keynote presentation, Flashes of Inspiration, on November 9. The NV website has short videos of his photographs and the topics that he’ll teach.
3. Adobe Evangelist Julieanne Kost is our Sunday Featured Speaker. She makes two FREE appearances on November 10: More Time Behind a Lens and Less Time Behind a Computer, and a presentation of her photography, Through the Eyes of Julieanne Kost. We’ve got her introductions to those topics from her Adobe TV videos at the NV website, too.
4. There will be a NEW Open Exhibit in a new building, Beacon Hall, across the street from Hylton Center. We will again have two floors full of national and local vendors of outstanding photography equipment, supplies, tours and more. Entry to see Expo exhibits and vendors this year is FREE. There will also be FREE beginners’ classes for users of camera phones, point & shoot and DSLR cameras. You must register online to take one of the FREE classes — space is limited.
5. REGISTRATION IS OPEN AND PASSES ARE ON SALE ONLINE NOW at NatureVisions.org for educational sessions with Peterson, Kost and thirteen more outstanding photographer-educators: Tim Cooper, Rad Drew, Alan DeFelice, Steve Gettle, Rob Knight, Roman Kurywczak, Bill Lea, Charles MacPherson, Mike Moats, Tim Poly, Karen Rexrode, John Slonina and Wayne Wolfersberger. Get your passes online at a discount from the door price of up to 12%. Encourage your friends to join you by using the post to Facebook or Twitter functions on our registration pages.
Thank you, as always, for your interest in Nature Visions. Help us spread the word about the best value in photography education.
President, Nature Visions Photo Expo