JURIED EXHIBITION “UNCOMMON SENSE”
THEME: “UNCOMMON SENSE”: We received a lot of positive comments from artists and patrons about the paragraphs we wrote to go with the pieces we hung at Lake Anne in April. So for this show think about what makes your piece of art unique - why it reaches out to your heart or grabs your eye or inspired to you paint it, or is different in the execution – what makes it “uncommon”.
Artists are encouraged to submit a short (100-150 word) paragraph about each piece to be posted in the gallery. These must be received with your registration not later than midnight, Friday, September 28th. No changes will be made after that time. Send to : firstname.lastname@example.org. This is optional.
DATE & LOCATION:
October 1st – 31st, 2012
JoAnn Rose Gallery
Lake Anne Reston Community Center
1609-A Washington Plaza
Reston, VA 20190
- Entry form via website, Friday, September 28th
- Drop off, Monday, October 1st, 9-10
- Jurying 10-11, you will be called, if you have work to be picked up.
- Non-juried Art Pick-up, 11-1 (if you work and cannot make it back to Lake Anne by 1pm, we will make other arrangements).
- Hanging starts at 11
- NO RECEPTION DUE TO SCHEDULE CONFLICTS
- Pick-up, Monday, October 29th, 9-10
$25. Members. $45. Non-Members. Up to 4 pieces per artist.
Entry fee must be paid online on the LRA website or via check mailed
to League of Reston Artists, P.O. Box 2513, Reston, VA 20195.
Additional monetary donations for reception costs accepted.