In the Brand NEW Gallery — The Art Room in Petersburg, VA
- Celebrating the work of Edgar Allan Poe, who honeymooned in Petersburg.
- Jurors include Chris Semtner, Curator of the Museum of Edgar Allan Poe and Jeff Abugel, author of Poe’s Petersburg, the Raven in the Cockade City.
- Opening will coincide with the anniversary of his death on October 7th. The show runs for the duration of the month, and concludes on Halloween!
- Virginia Artists and Crafters — amateur to professional — in a variety of mediums are invited to submit work that features symbols and imagery used by Poe, but not literal “illustrations” of his work.
- Think ravens, hearts, black velvet, sheet metal, nails, masks, etc., portraits that honors the author, or showcases imagery from his writing.
- No skeletons or skulls, macabre images, nudity, satanic images or weapons will be considered.
- All artwork must be original…However, artists whose work is selected may consign reproductions with the gallery for the duration of the show.
- Two Dimensional Work: oil or acrylic paintings, mixed media and drawings — must be framed [or finished], wired and ready to hang.
- Three Dimensional Work: sculptural and/or functional pieces in wood, ceramic, glass, stained glass, and metal. Nothing over 4’ tall.
- Jewelry: Original work – no stringed beads or manufactured items.
Other Important Info:
- Selected artwork must be delivered in person or shipped to arrive by Friday, October 2nd.
- and must be picked up by Wednesday, November 4th. Feel free to ship — the artist is
responsible for postage/shipping charges.
- Artists must maintain insurance on their own work – the gallery is secured and has an alarm system, but will not be insuring your work for loss or damage.
- Commission is only 25% of sales and will be paid 30 days after the close of the show.
- A portion of the sales from opening night will be donated to The Museum of Edgar Allan Poe.
- Jury Fee is $25 per 3 images.
- Cash prizes will be awarded